Vet Claims Science Diets Are Bad
- This is an example of the processed pet food industry exercising its enormous and potentially dangerous influence over the conventional veterinary community
- Processed therapeutic diets are no more species-appropriate or high quality than regular processed pet food; both should be avoided for the health and longevity of your pet
- Despite what they would have you believe, neither the pet food industry nor most veterinarians are good sources of information or advice on how to best nourish your pet
- Your best source for this information is an integrative or holistic veterinarian who has independently studied animal nutrition and creates customized nutritionally balanced, species-appropriate diets for pets
- Customized nutritionally balanced, species-appropriate diets for pets
According to Dr. Becker the big pet food producers and many of the conventional vets are exerting lots of energy in a misguided attempt to convince pet parents that processed therapeutic or prescription kibble diets are "food as medicine" and the wave of the future. I can't tell you how many times customers have called me or walked into one of our anemic-looking cats or dogs stores with tales of woe.
"But I feed my precious a good quality food, one of those vet diets."
As you probably know familiar well-marketed diets, are supposedly formulated to address specific conditions in dogs and cats, like obesity, kidney disease, digestive issues, food allergies and more.
Yeah right...Here's what the good doctor Becker says: "In my experience and that of other integrative veterinarians highly processed diets made with feed-grade ingredients are the root cause of many of the diseases pets acquire today."
Makes sense, would feed your kid a diet of 100% processed food?
According to Dr. Becker, "It's really a disgrace that when dogs and cats become sick with degenerative diseases after years of eating processed, biologically inappropriate food, their owners are then encouraged to buy a more expensive version of a similar food and consider it "medicine."
But heed not these false claims from those enriching themselves on your base fears!
Here's what they don't tell you: "Highly processed diets made with feed-grade ingredients are the root cause of many of the diseases pets acquire today," writes Dr. Becker.
It's nothing less than disgraceful than hard-selling processed, dry kibble
It's really a disgrace that when dogs and cats become sick with degenerative that is biologically inappropriate food, (pricey no less), to gullible pet parents unwitting owners as "medicine."
But hey, don't take my word for it, read Dr. Becker's illuminating article and learn the truth:
And while you're at it, feed your pet REAL, HEALTHY food: