The Benefits of Bison Meat for Your Dog
Bison is one of my favorite meats to feed my dog. Here's why:
Mrs. Meadys’ grass-fed, hormone-free Canadian bison is a leaner meat than beef with a more savory and somewhat sweet taste and is perhaps the most biologically-appropriate meat for your dog.
With 17 grams of protein per raw 4-ounce (113-gram) serving and over 240% more protein compared to beef, bison is the king of all meats. Better yet, it’s lean and low in saturated fats because bison are not stationary animals, they roam and graze continuously and are muscular in structure.
It's an excellent source of:
1) Omega-3 fatty acids and conjugated linoleic acid — “fat busters,” highly recommended for overweight dogs on diets.
2) B vitamins, B2 vitamin as well as niacin helps to regulate a healthy and glossy coat and skin. Niacin helps your dog’s body break down sugars and fats and convert them into energy. This fuels the dog’s metabolic functions and protects the health of his brain.
3) Selenium, a mineral that functions as an antioxidant that fights inflammation, guards against degenerative oxidative stress that damages cells and fights the rapid aging process that afflicts most dogs.
4) Zinc, which is crucial in the canine body in processing enzymes, proteins, and hormones. Zinc also helps your dog’s immune system and thyroid glands function better. Without the necessary dosage of zinc in your dog’s diet, he will be prone to potentially life-threatening infections.
5) Iron. That’s why bison meat has a nice bright red color – because it’s loaded with iron. Because iron is easy for your dog to absorb, it fuels him with more energy and protects against anemia.
6) And even better, it's a hypoallergenic meat. Grass-fed, hormone-free, chemical.
Aside from all of these benefits, the beauty of bison meat is the way that the animals are raised. Free-range, grass-fed in real pastures as nature intended. Bison meat has no hormones, antibiotics or any other chemicals.
Mrs. Meadys’ Bison is raised and produced in Canada with pride.